Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Word Seek Corner » On-The-Go Word Seek

Solvers helping solvers.
3/1/2012 9:12:35 PM

TheBostonTerrier
TheBostonTerrier
Hi folks...my question - I am trying to find more copies of Penny Press "On the Go Word Seek". They are small sized ( about 3" by 5") like the kind of booklet you find at the checkout stand. Perfect for tossing in your purse or bag! Now I can't seem to find them anywhere - even here on this website. Are they being printed anymore? They were perfect for me. If not, any chance of getting some back issues?

Lastly, when I lived overseas I loved a similar type of magazine called "Code Cracker" put out by a company called "That's Life". Does Dell or Penny Press have any magazines with that type of puzzle? I'd love to get some.

Thanks in advance for your help!

3/2/2012 3:33:42 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
What's the difference between Code Cracker and regular Word Seek Puzzles? If you could tell us we could let you know if there is something like it in the Penny/Dell puzzle books. CC

3/2/2012 1:34:20 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
I had to google the magazine and puzzle you were referring to TheBostonTerrier because I'm not familiar with them, but Code Cracker is the same as a puzzle put out by Penny Press called "Codewords". You can purchase volumes that are made up of just this type of puzzle. If you look under "Our Products" near the top of the page, you'll see an option for "Penny Selected Puzzles" and you can find it there.
<em>edited by Purple Pisces on 3/2/2012</em>

3/2/2012 4:41:46 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Boston, I love the Codewords. I sometimes buy a dozen Codeword books at a time because of the price savings. Hope you buy them thru Penny/Dell and
enjoy them as much as I do.

--
Amy

3/7/2012 12:00:08 PM

admin
admin
Administrator
TheBostonTerrier wrote:
Hi folks...my question - I am trying to find more copies of Penny Press "On the Go Word Seek". They are small sized ( about 3" by 5") like the kind of booklet you find at the checkout stand. Perfect for tossing in your purse or bag! Now I can't seem to find them anywhere - even here on this website. Are they being printed anymore? They were perfect for me. If not, any chance of getting some back issues?

Lastly, when I lived overseas I loved a similar type of magazine called "Code Cracker" put out by a company called "That's Life". Does Dell or Penny Press have any magazines with that type of puzzle? I'd love to get some.

Thanks for your interest in our "On the Go Word Seek" publication. This title is published regularly and sold nationally at many different retailers. Please contact our customer service department, and they can help locate a retailer in your area: http://www.pennydellpuzzles.com/customer_service/default.aspx. We do not have back issues at the moment, but we offer them for sale online as they become available so please be sure to check back on our website.

With regard to "Code Cracker", our "Codewords" puzzle may be similar to what you're looking for. You can try a sample puzzle here: http://www.pennydellpuzzles.com/product.aspx?c=selectedpuzzlespuzzlebooks&p=CDW

Best,

Admin

3/7/2012 9:23:27 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
admin wrote:
TheBostonTerrier wrote:

Thanks for your interest in our "On the Go Word Seek" publication. This title is published regularly and sold nationally at many different retailers. Please contact our customer service department, and they can help locate a retailer in your area: http://www.pennydellpuzzles.com/customer_service/default.aspx. We do not have back issues at the moment, but we offer them for sale online as they become available so please be sure to check back on our website.

With regard to "Code Cracker", our "Codewords" puzzle may be similar to what you're looking for. You can try a sample puzzle here: http://www.pennydellpuzzles.com/product.aspx?c=selectedpuzzlespuzzlebooks&p=CDW

Best,

Admin

Just for fun, I tried the URL for the sample puzzle. I saw no samples. All I saw were suggestions of what you might be able to buy, for money. Did you
accidentally give the questioner the wrong URL?

--
Amy

3/7/2012 10:46:56 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
I'm pretty sure Amy knows where the sample puzzles are. I think she means the URL that they gave this person on the forum wasn't the right one. Is that right Amy? CC

3/7/2012 11:44:02 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
creamchz3@aol.com wrote:
I'm pretty sure Amy knows where the sample puzzles are. I think she means the URL that they gave this person on the forum wasn't the right one. Is that right Amy? CC

Actually, I hadn't noticed that tiny little "sample puzzle" link where the big URL took me. I see so many other things on that screen, that I don't notice
a link to a sample puzzle, until pointed out by a connoisseur like Bernadette, Frances, or you (CC).
<em>edited by Amy-in-PA on 3/7/2012</em>

--
Amy

3/8/2012 2:47:47 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Well Amy, I guess you get 45 extra free puzzles tonight! CC

3/9/2012 9:50:52 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Bernadette1959 wrote:
Amy, I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence. The link for the sample puzzles shows up very lightly on my own computer so I figured you had just overlooked it.
If you look back over my posts on the forum for the past two and a half years, you'll see that I've frequently tried to assist people in finding things on the website.

Again, no insult was intended.

Bernadette

No insult taken. I'm glad you pointed me in the right direction. In fact, I printed that sample puzzle for myself and worked on it yesterday as a
diversion from the 2 logic books I've been working on (the April issue which came late, and the June issue which just came the other day).

--
Amy

5/16/2012 7:16:02 PM

TheBostonTerrier
TheBostonTerrier
Thank you Everyone...what a great group of people. Codewords was just what I was looking for. They really are a nice change of pace from Word Seek and Crossword type puzzles. Again, thanks for all your help!

5/17/2012 12:20:38 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Glad you were able to find one of your favorite puzzles!! smile

Home » Word Seek Corner » On-The-Go Word Seek