Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Variety Central » SODUKO (LETTER PLACE) CHALLENGER

See what other Variety puzzle fans have to say, share your solutions, and get help.
7/20/2012 10:19:46 PM

joytn
joytn
For those who have been reluctant to try these challengers that always appear near the back of the puzzle book, get the September 2012 issue of Dell Solver's Choice Variety Puzzles. As these puzzles go, the one on page 162 is easy. There are more letters filled in to start with, especially in the circled diagonals. If you have given up on these puzzles in the past, give this one a try.

7/21/2012 12:53:13 AM

I dig them, joy, and posted a little blurb on them as well here. http://www.pennydellpuzzles.com/forum/topic501-suuuuuuudokuuuuuu-challllllllengerrrrrrrr.aspx

When they start giving you numbers in the diagonals, they do get quite a bit easier. Letters, in your case. It makes them a little less challenging, but it also affords a newcomer an easier introduction to the puzzle. I really like these puzzles, with big hints or little. The value I put on them is time. I do puzzles at work, so when I work these, be it one like you've mentioned, or just a normal one, I get a double dose of mind invigoration. Let me explain....

These puzzles, I feel, require a bit of concentration. May not be the case for you or more seasoned solvers, but it is for me. I work in retail, so I might get interrupted once every 2 to 5 minutes, or have a half or whole hour in which to work on it. So for me, in effect, it doubles as a memory puzzle in that I have to remember certain advantageous spots in the puzzle where my options are narrowed, while still trying to find new avenues to further the solving. Kind of a cool offshoot of my situation solving.

But definitely, folks, give this a try of you haven't, or if you've been intimidated. Also, you may find some tips if you read the link I gave as well. What are we here for if not to enjoy the company of fellow solvers and help one another out, eh?

12/6/2012 11:47:42 PM

henrihoover
henrihoover
I want to try this one.

4/4/2013 9:26:43 PM

slickyvikk
slickyvikk
Hi, I'm new to the forum and have been searching for a puzzle that I just absolutely love. It's the Letter Place Challenger!!! It seems that I cannot ever find one. I recently picked up an older version of one of my puzzle books and that particular book had this puzzle in it. Since then, I have been looking for a letter place challenger puzzle and have had no luck at all. Can anyone tell me where I can find some at?

4/5/2013 8:01:03 AM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
You might try the new Crazy for Sudoku. I know there are word sudokus in there - not sure about the challengers. I like word sudoku for the logic/wordplay aspects.

4/5/2013 8:01:04 AM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
You might try the new Crazy for Sudoku. I know there are word sudokus in there - not sure about the challengers. I like word sudoku for the logic/wordplay aspects.

4/5/2013 11:58:13 AM

Frances
Frances
I checked Dell's Crazy for Sudoku! Favorites Collection, #617 of December 2012 that I have. It did have 4 Super Challenger Sudoku puzzles (16 x 16 grid), 2 with numbers, and 2 with letters. Dell also has a Collector's Series book with nothing but the 16 x 16 sudoku puzzles, which includes some with letters. It's called Sudoku Super Challenger, with 8 volumes currently available.
edited by Frances on 4/5/2013

4/8/2013 10:58:09 AM

admin
admin
Administrator
Hi, slickyvikk! Welcome to the forum!

Chris and Frances both have great suggestions for you. Frances is also correct about the Dell Collector's Series Sudoku Super Challenger. There are 13 Letter Place Challengers in every volume, more than other publication. Here's the link: http://ow.ly/jR0Wc
Happy Solving!

Best,
Admin

slickyvikk wrote:
Hi, I'm new to the forum and have been searching for a puzzle that I just absolutely love. It's the Letter Place Challenger!!! It seems that I cannot ever find one. I recently picked up an older version of one of my puzzle books and that particular book had this puzzle in it. Since then, I have been looking for a letter place challenger puzzle and have had no luck at all. Can anyone tell me where I can find some at?

Home » Variety Central » SODUKO (LETTER PLACE) CHALLENGER