Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Crossword Talk » easy crossword books

If you need solving help, ask here; discuss your favorite Crosswords.
8/12/2012 10:55:41 PM

bigvern60
bigvern60
I never understood why there were so many easy crossword titles. I mean one should be enough for people who are just starting out. I noticed that's all penny press has is easy ones and no harder ones like dell.

8/17/2012 4:19:14 AM

gatton
gatton
I was surprised the Penny Press books were only easy puzzles. Maybe some people only do easy puzzles and never progress to the harder ones. I confess sometimes I like to zone out with an easy book and whip through a few at a time. Maybe it's like people who only do fill ins and word seeks?

8/17/2012 7:38:25 AM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
I agree easy puzzles have a time and place. I usually run through a bunch while watching television. Last night I was working on the "Perception" themed book. Two puzzles in a row started with "fro" as the answer. Uhg. I prefer Dell. I have a Pocket Crosswords book that I picked up earlier in the summer and still working thru. The Sunday crosswords books are favs of mine since they are all themed and bigger size.
I do enjoy the easier diagramless - I have not gotten skilled enough at those to do the harder versions.

Happy Crosswording!

Home » Crossword Talk » easy crossword books