Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Your Opinion » OK, admin... Another go at this....

Give us your feedback about our new forum.
8/23/2012 3:23:00 AM

I currently have 631 topics unread. The truth of the matter is that I've read them all here. Those 631 topics have been perused and digested by yours truly. I left none in the lurch. You folks changed software or whatever, and it erased that. Your software lies to me every time I log on here, and it's frustrating. When I log on, I like to know exactly how many posts I have to read and want to put the rest in my rear view, unless someone responds. In fact, I put them in my rear view, but with your change, it says I didn't. Call it a little case of mild OCD, but it is there, every time I log in.

So, I have two options. I can plead with you folks to put a 'mark topic as read' button on here until I finally get you folks to do it, or I can go back to every single flipping post I read when I logged on here, and give your software the impression that I read them all again. Given that I'm lazy, It'll be your ears I bend until I have satisfaction on this matter. Every single self respecting forum has a 'mark topic as read' button, and your software has it right now, you just need to turn it on.

Turn it on.

8/23/2012 4:51:34 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Yeah, that goes for me too! CC (I have 621)

8/23/2012 9:09:20 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Me, too, with 624 -- Amy

--
Amy

8/23/2012 3:32:00 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
I have 615 unread topics. It doesn't bother me too much because at least the newest topics will show up when I click on "unread topics".

8/24/2012 2:09:44 AM

Semipro
Semipro
I supposedly have 638, and "reply with quote" is still enjoying its vacation on a beach somewhere.

8/24/2012 8:12:30 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Bernadette1959 wrote:
I have 620 unread topics, and all of my options, except "add reply" are still missing when I use the Firefox browser but they show up when I switch to Safari.

Thanks for mentioning about Firefox vs other browsers, Bernadette. Just now I logged on from Internet Explorer instead of my usual Firefox, and at least now I have the "reply with quote" thing. Who knows, maybe I'll even be able to use color and have it come out as the color.

--
Amy

7/13/2015 5:19:46 PM

Brian Coleman
Brian Coleman
My number does seem to change, although I am new to the forum... it started at 1024 and is still the same even though I have read many and replied to a few.

--
Puzzle On!

7/13/2015 5:22:53 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Right, Brian. I wouldn't hold my breath on this matter. I have my "page" set to show the latest posts on top and earliest on bottom, so I can usually recognize where I left off and where I have to start reading from.

--
Amy

7/14/2015 9:09:53 AM

Brian Coleman
Brian Coleman
Where do I go to change those settings?

--
Puzzle On!

7/14/2015 3:26:53 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Brian Coleman wrote:
Where do I go to change those settings?

How do I change my settings?If you are a registered user, all your settings are stored in the forum database. To alter them, click your username in the upper right corner while logged in.

****=https://www.pennydellpuzzles.com/forum/faq.aspx#faqlinks] Top

(I found this under Frequently Asked Questions. Hope this helps.)

Anyway, user name, upper right corner, while logged in.
edited by Amy-in-PA on 7/14/2015

--
Amy

7/15/2015 8:50:24 AM

Brian Coleman
Brian Coleman
I was able to find that... but that allows me to change My Profile, Password and Avatar Picture, My Subscriptions and Inbox... I still don't see a place to set latest posts on top in the forum.

--
Puzzle On!

7/15/2015 11:23:23 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Brian Coleman wrote:
I was able to find that... but that allows me to change My Profile, Password and Avatar Picture, My Subscriptions and Inbox... I still don't see a place to set latest posts on top in the forum.

It might be the "recent topics" heading sort-of near top left, that does it. If you're on the "home" thing at the very left sort-of near the top, that doesn't do it, but the one to the right of that, "recent topics," might. I wonder what happens if you try that? Then if you find it DOES work, you might want to bookmark that page.

--
Amy

7/15/2015 7:30:51 PM

Frances
Frances
The forum underwent changes in format, had software upgrades, and other tweaks from about the fall of 2011 to the spring of 2012. (At one time the forum was down for a month.) Then at some point during this time, the "unread topics" tally got messed up. One day upon logging in, we each found out that we supposedly had hundreds of unread topics. The Administrator has acknowledged that this may be unfixable for them. I'm not aware that users can fix it either.

Conversely, another glitch is that on the lists of topics within a forum category, posts/replies totals are all indicated as "0" before about the fall of 2011. Not accurate, either, of course.

7/16/2015 2:23:20 PM

Brian Coleman
Brian Coleman
Well those work... thanks!

--
Puzzle On!

7/16/2015 4:21:33 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Brian Coleman wrote:
Well those work... thanks!

What works, Brian -- Frances's info, or or my experimental suggestions? Glad someone was able to help with something, at any rate.

--
Amy

7/20/2015 10:03:16 AM

Brian Coleman
Brian Coleman
Using the Recent Posts to be able to see a summary listing of updates. smile

--
Puzzle On!

Home » Your Opinion » OK, admin... Another go at this....