Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Variety Central » Cryptoquizzes Record (not that you care?!)

See what other Variety puzzle fans have to say, share your solutions, and get help.
9/23/2012 1:44:46 AM

Semipro
Semipro
A quince is more like an apple. Quinces aren't much good raw. Kind of like quinoa, I guess.

9/23/2012 2:28:56 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Yeah, I just looked them up. What disgusting thing it is, hard, poisonous seeds, has to be cooked, cant do anything with it for 3 weeks after picking? How do people find these things out? Who was the poor b...... who tried these for the first time? CC

9/23/2012 11:44:06 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
creamchz3@aol.com wrote:
Yeah, I just looked them up. What disgusting thing it is, hard, poisonous seeds, has to be cooked, cant do anything with it for 3 weeks after picking? How do people find these things out? Who was the poor b...... who tried these for the first time? CC

The poor slob who tried these the first time, was probably someone who died of it, but who had been lost in the woods for weeks, starving to death, first, figuring whatever they ate, it couldn't be worse than starving. Then others learned from the sad experience of the first. Who knows?

--
Amy

9/23/2012 5:28:55 PM

I know if the world went away and I had to go forage for food, I'd probably be that dead guy, heheh. Spit happens. I just don't know what to eat in nature, being push fed supermarket products all my life. Dandelions I know are edible, and so are thistles. Beyond that, I'd be in real trouble. So would my meat, er cat....

Kidding, folks.

9/23/2012 11:42:16 PM

Semipro
Semipro
Well, quince bushes can be grown as ornamentals. They're not bad to look at. They have lots of blooms once a year. Then you get some fruits that you can't do anything with.

9/24/2012 4:21:12 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
As promised....

1 Penny Lane

2 Nowhere Man
3 Come Together
4 Eleanor Rigby
5 Yellow Submarine
6 Hello, Goodbye
7 Get Back
8 Day Tripper
9 Octopus's Garden
10 Glass Onion
edited by IN_Puzzler on 9/24/2012

9/24/2012 4:22:13 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
This thread has sure go some legs... 4 pages on my screen.

Indiana Puzzler

9/24/2012 4:23:41 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
My latest creation:

IN THE CRAYOLA BOX
EXAMPLE: TURQUOISE BLUE

WGMBKBZDHG
OGWBE
EOWEMECXO
MEK OBGZZE
OEHRLZ
CLHAGZMLA
KBOYGMBE
RENLCEZV
RGHLZ
REXFGHLXO
MLSBZ’O GCC SHXG
CLHA
edited by IN_Puzzler on 9/24/2012
edited by IN_Puzzler on 9/25/2012

9/24/2012 8:42:34 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Thanks for posting IN_Puzzler! I stayed away from the Beatles puzzle because I'm not too familiar with their song titles but I had a lot of fun with the Crayola one. Boy have color names come a long way since I was a kid. I especially like #10. The only one that stumped me is #12, is it possible the last letter is wrong?

9/25/2012 3:43:27 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Purple Pisces wrote:
Thanks for posting IN_Puzzler! I stayed away from the Beatles puzzle because I'm not too familiar with their song titles but I had a lot of fun with the Crayola one. Boy have color names come a long way since I was a kid. I especially like #10. The only one that stumped me is #12, is it possible the last letter is wrong?

IN_Puzzler, did you ignore my last personal message? That was the other one silly! CC

9/25/2012 3:45:28 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
IN_Puzzler wrote:
This thread has sure go some legs... 4 pages on my screen.

Indiana Puzzler

When you get to 30 we'll talk! CC

9/25/2012 6:41:57 AM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
Yes, for the last answer, I erroneously coded it (the actual letter was presented instead of the coded one). I re-edited it this morning. I think I will start carrying my puzzling notebook around all the time.

Sorry for any frustration!

creamchz3@aol.com wrote:
Purple Pisces wrote:

IN_Puzzler, did you ignore my last personal message? That was the other one silly! CC

9/25/2012 12:22:30 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
Purple Pisces wrote:

Sure thing Purple - I got inspired while watching my son color. All of those colors exist in the 64 box. What I need to do is get the list of the colors that have been retired.

IN_Puzzler

9/25/2012 1:04:41 PM

Frances
Frances
Check out Wikipedia's "List of Crayola crayon colors."

9/25/2012 3:32:32 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
No need to apologize IN_Puzzler! smile

As a kid there was nothing like a new box of crayons, all sharp and pristine looking! I know they have the sharpeners on a lot of the boxes nowadays, but it doesn't beat that fresh new crayon!

9/25/2012 5:14:50 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
Here is today's puzzle:

A VISIT TO THE COFFEEHOUSE
EXAMPLE: BARISTA

LDACL

QXJFAWWX

FLNNOFFXTA

FATHZDJLWXAT

FACVADWLQPZ FBLXD

FBZJJ QALDM

QAAEJ

ODT

PAHZ COJXF

IX-VX

VDAWBZM CXPE

QOPPZWXT QALDM

Enjoy!
The Indiana Puzzler
edited by IN_Puzzler on 9/26/2012

9/26/2012 8:35:19 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
That one stumped me for a few minutes, harder than the others for me. I did finish it though, great catagory! CC

9/28/2012 9:10:52 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Not being a coffee drinker and never having stepped inside a coffeehouse I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to solve it but I did! Very creative IN_Puzzler!

10/2/2012 10:24:27 AM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
I am working on a couple of ideas for topics for some cryptofamilies, but I am not satisfied with them right now. I'll post when I get them to a state that I content with. I've been mostly solving the past week and reading Walter Isaacson's biography of Steve Jobs and those 2 things have been using up all my free time.

IN_Puzzler

10/4/2012 8:45:31 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
I hereby submit for your solving pleasure....

Pittsburgh Neighborhoods
Example: Polish Hill

ECXNKGLT KUXNKGP

ECLLDSXTU

BCXUTRPKXV

HCSXTNGLT KUXNKGP

PWAAUC KXSS

GCLZ KXSS

ALWTG OHPKXTNGLT

UHPG IHCTUNXU

CUNUTG PFWHCU

PFWXCCUS KXSS
edited by IN_Puzzler on 10/5/2012

Home » Variety Central » Cryptoquizzes Record (not that you care?!)