Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Variety Central » Cryptoquizzes Record (not that you care?!)

See what other Variety puzzle fans have to say, share your solutions, and get help.
|
9/11/2012 12:07:10 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
Today at lunch I was able to complete an entire set (6 for 6) of a Cryptoquizzes page. For those who are interested, Dell Official All-Time Favorite Variety Puzzles Dec. 2010. The categories were:
1) Holiday Decorations Example: colored balls
2) Bass and Wind Instruments Example: clarinet
3) Amigos Example: sidekick
4) Put Your Coins In Them Example: trolley car farebox
5) Dean Martin Was A(n) Example: father
6) City Names Ending In "N" Example: Tehran

Now I know to the seasoned puzzler this is nothing of significant importance, but I usually dabble along on cryptoquizzes and complete them as filler, especially when I'm leafing through a book and one'll catch my eye. Rarely do I nail all of them in one sitting like I did today (about 30-40 minutes). The category I had the most trouble with was 4) and 6) but was able to slog through after solving a few letters. 6) was a challenge as there were a lot of the same letters repeated for the easier answers and it took a few minutes of thought to nail down the final city. I have a Penny Select Cryptofamilies volume I bought at home, so maybe 2-nite I'll crack that baby open and take a break from crosswords this evening.

So BRAVO! to me.

In Indianapolis, the IN_Puzzler
edited by IN_Puzzler on 9/11/2012
edited by IN_Puzzler on 9/11/2012

|

Home » Variety Central » Cryptoquizzes Record (not that you care?!)