Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Variety Central » "Square Route"

See what other Variety puzzle fans have to say, share your solutions, and get help.
9/17/2012 10:12:03 PM

Frances
Frances
I just finished a puzzle called "Square Route" in Dell Official Variety Puzzles, July 2011, page 41. Has anyone else done this type of puzzle before? It's a maze of squares, each containing an arithmetic problem. The intro said if I could find the correct Route in less than 6 minutes, I'd be a "real square shooter!" What's the opposite of a square shooter? It took me 45 minutes! I finally figured out the key for me to solving was to first cross off all squares that didn't have at least 2 connections to other squares. Turned out to be a fun puzzle. A search of my little stack of Dell magazines didn't turn up any others, so maybe it was a one-time thing. Whether it was or not,

Dell Editors: More "Square Route" puzzles, please!

Frances.

9/18/2012 6:46:23 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Never heard of this puzzle either but it sounds like a good one to include in Dell's Math & Logic Problems!

9/18/2012 7:57:59 PM

Frances
Frances
Bernadette1959 wrote:
Hi Frances!

I've never heard of this puzzle before but I searched through my own small collection of Dell magazines and found one of them. It is in Dell Official Variety Puzzles for Sept. 2010. I'll take it out and put it (and the answer page) in the mail to you tomorrow! smile

Bernadette

Gosh, that's really nice of you, Bernadette! I'd be delighted to get it, but are you sure you don't want to have a go at it yourself? If not, then, yes, thank you! By the way, your post of Sept. 6 in "Big Puzzles, Small Tables" led me to check out the Ebay site---and I sent for that '80's logic book! So, thanks for that, too! smile

Frances.

9/18/2012 9:05:35 PM

Frances
Frances
Purple Pisces wrote:
Never heard of this puzzle either but it sounds like a good one to include in Dell's Math & Logic Problems!

You're right! It would be good for the Math & Logic magazine.

9/19/2012 4:18:47 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Out of all 4 of my Dell books (all recent) there were none of these puzzles. There's a puzzle called Square Search in all of mine though. Maybe they will put one on the Dell free puzzle sometime so I can see what it is. I do check the Dell Puzzles too, I do like a few of them. In fact tonight was a Figgerit which was one of the first Variety Puzzles I ever did so of coarse I'm doing that one. CC

Home » Variety Central » "Square Route"