Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Variety Central » JUMBLE! That scrambled word game!

See what other Variety puzzle fans have to say/share your solutions.
12/11/2012 7:44:25 AM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
I wanted to let any Jumble fans know that PennyPress is now publishing these puzzles in a new magazine form!

The premier issue is on newstands now - I bought a copy at Books-a-Million last night but it can also be found at Target and I'm sure many other places that sell PennyDell magazines!

Happy Jumbling! smile

12/11/2012 10:08:58 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
I wonder if one can buy these things on-line from Penny/Dell. That might be interesting (especially since my husband stopped subscribing, about 10 years ago, from the newspaper that runs a daily Jumble).

--
Amy

12/11/2012 3:42:41 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
I don't know if Penny will ever offer these online, Amy, but you might ask them! We no longer have a daily newspaper here in Birmingham, AL to subscribe to so I'm glad this new magazine of Jumble puzzles is available! I don't really care for the online version. smile

12/11/2012 4:02:09 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
I just meant, could you buy this magazine from Penny, without going to an actual store?

--
Amy

12/12/2012 12:45:26 PM

admin
admin
Administrator
Yes! You can ****=http://www.pennydellpuzzles.com/product.aspx?c=OtherPuzzleBooksPuzzleBooks&p=JJ]here.

Keep solving!
Admin

Amy Lowenstein wrote:
I just meant, could you buy this magazine from Penny, without going to an actual store?

12/12/2012 7:50:53 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Cool. So I went on-line this afternoon and ordered that book, among other things.

--
Amy

12/13/2012 3:51:57 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Admin, the magazine you directed Amy to here on the website that is available to be ordered is NOT the one that is on the newstands right now.

The one for sale in the stores has a red cover and doesn't have the word "special" on it.

Are there going to be two Jumble magazines, a regular one and a special? If so, will the "Special" that you directed Amy to also be available for sale on newstands?

Please clarify! Thank you! smile

Bernadette

12/13/2012 3:57:32 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Thanks for clarifying for others, Bernadette. For me, the Jumble magazine I ordered will be fine, because I haven't been able to do a Jumble in years except when they accidentally deliver the wrong paper to our house, or we go to a hotel, or something.

--
Amy

12/13/2012 8:07:45 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
My local newspaper has the Jumble in it, but I don't solve them. I'm glad it's available for those that love it! smile Maybe I'll give them a try!

12/13/2012 9:05:35 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Sometimes my sense of punnish humor is the same as the ones who write the Jumble for the newspaper, so I sometimes know the answer to the puzzle even before working on unscrambling the letters! I usually get a good chuckle out of the Jumble.

--
Amy

12/14/2012 8:08:28 AM

admin
admin
Administrator
Bernadette,

Great question!

Nope, Amy will be receiving the one with the red cover. The one on the website is just the image the art department gave us. There will be more Jumble magazines coming out in the future, and hopefully, if it's a hit, we'll continue producing them!

Best,
Admin

Bernadette1959 wrote:
Admin, the magazine you directed Amy to here on the website that is available to be ordered is NOT the one that is on the newstands right now.

The one for sale in the stores has a red cover and doesn't have the word "special" on it.

Are there going to be two Jumble magazines, a regular one and a special? If so, will the "Special" that you directed Amy to also be available for sale on newstands?

Please clarify! Thank you! smile

Bernadette

12/14/2012 11:46:28 AM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Thank you for the information! smile

Bernadette

12/16/2012 7:57:01 PM

Chris the Indiana Puzzler
Chris the Indiana Puzzler
The Jumble creators changed a few years ago and the bonus answers, I find, to be more straight ahead than they used to be. They still employ puns a lot of the time, but you can tell the difference. The word list has also changed and seems easier to solve most days. Of course I could just be getting older and better at them.

The newspaper where I used to live published 2 crosswords, the jumble, crypto-quote, Scrabblegrams and Boggle. It was a puzzler's dream. (The Newark Star Ledger).
edited by IN_Puzzler on 12/16/2012

--
Peace Out.

12/16/2012 8:51:17 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
I checked my local supermarket and it has the new Jumble book. For the past three days I've been solving the ones printed in my local paper and I have to say they're a nice change from the puzzles I usually do. I'm not big on word puzzles, but these I can handle.

12/17/2012 10:05:05 AM

admin
admin
Administrator
Just got some more information, Jumble lovers!

There will be 2 different Jumble magazines- a regular one and a Jumble Special.
The green cover Jumble shown on our website now, which is the "Jumble Special," will be available on newstands and online in January. Jumble Specials will be on sale in odd months and the regular Jumble will be available in even months.

Hope you all enjoy them! Let us know what you think.

Happy Solving,
Admin

Bernadette1959 wrote:
Thank you for the information! smile

Bernadette

12/17/2012 1:54:04 PM

Frances
Frances
Dear Administrator,

Thanks for the update----I picked up my first copy of Jumble last week. Are you new? The tone of your recent posts seems a bit different from older ones.

Frances.

12/17/2012 3:09:17 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Hint, hint: I believe this is a compliment from Frances to the Administrator.

--
Amy

12/18/2012 7:46:43 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Amy Lowenstein wrote:
Sometimes my sense of punnish humor is the same as the ones who write the Jumble for the newspaper, so I sometimes know the answer to the puzzle even before working on unscrambling the letters! I usually get a good chuckle out of the Jumble.

This happens to me too Amy but I still enjoy them. CC P.S. I think Frances may be flirting just a bit. (She's going to kill me for that one) CC

12/18/2012 9:53:08 AM

Frances
Frances
Amy wrote: I believe this is a compliment from Frances to the Administrator.
Yes.
CC wrote: I think Frances may be flirting just a bit.
No. I'd save that for private messages. smile

Frances.

edited by Frances on 12/18/2012

12/18/2012 12:42:45 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
What's the difference between the regular Jumble and Jumble Special magazines?

Home » Variety Central » JUMBLE! That scrambled word game!