Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Crossword Talk » Octopus Crossword

Discuss your favorite Crosswords. If you need solving help, ask here!
2/4/2013 2:20:13 PM

Frances
Frances
I recently solved a type of crossword I've never done before. It was in the March, 2013, issue of Pocket Crossword Puzzles. Entitled "Octopus Crossword" (#85 on page 102), it turned out to be lots of fun! I wouldn't mind seeing more of these. smile

By the way, though, when getting down to the last two tentacle answers to put in the diagram ("Desert plant" and "One holding a prisoner of war") I found their positions to be interchangeable.

2/7/2013 12:39:33 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
Hi Frances!

I was leafing thru a crossword special (Nov 2011) and came across the type of puzzle. I plan on giving it a whirl. I'll let you now how it goes. Its rate 'hard' so it may take a while since I've never attempted it before.

2/16/2013 2:48:58 PM

dougiezerts
dougiezerts
Exactly what is an "octopus crossword?" Sounds interesting!

2/16/2013 7:39:30 PM

Frances
Frances
The Octopus Crossword has a somewhat open diagram like a Kriss Kross/Framework. 'Octopus' refers to the eight 6-letter words (tentacles) radiating out from the center. Clues are listed under 'Tentacles'; then 'Across' & 'Down' by word length, with answers being alphabetical. The clues and diagram are without numbers, so the solver must determine where the words go.

2/17/2013 6:22:16 PM

dougiezerts
dougiezerts
I see, thanks!

5/30/2013 7:55:14 AM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
Hi Frances - I don't know if you were contacted but Dell published this post in front of the latest edition of Pocket Crosswords.

Chris

Frances wrote:
I recently solved a type of crossword I've never done before. It was in the March, 2013, issue of Pocket Crossword Puzzles. Entitled "Octopus Crossword" (#85 on page 102), it turned out to be lots of fun! I wouldn't mind seeing more of these. smile

By the way, though, when getting down to the last two tentacle answers to put in the diagram ("Desert plant" and "One holding a prisoner of war") I found their positions to be interchangeable.

5/30/2013 12:05:05 PM

Frances
Frances
Hi Chris,

No, I didn't know. I checked the store this morning, but they haven't got that issue in yet. Dell has published letters from the forum in their magazines before, but I don't think they notify the writers. Thanks for telling me----I'll keep my eye open for it!

Frances.

5/30/2013 5:35:57 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
FYI its the July 2013 edition, turquoise/teal cover. I subscribe so it is entirely possible that it is not available in retails stores everywhere yet.

Frances wrote:
Hi Chris,

No, I didn't know. I checked the store this morning, but they haven't got that issue in yet. Dell has published letters from the forum in their magazines before, but I don't think they notify the writers. Thanks for telling me----I'll keep my eye open for it!

Frances.

Home » Crossword Talk » Octopus Crossword