Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » Grids, or Charts

Logic Problem fans, discuss solutions and get solving help.
2/16/2013 2:46:55 PM

dougiezerts
dougiezerts
Hi! I just joined this forum.
Do all of you prefer to solve logics via grids, or charts? I definitely prefer grids. In fact, I only rarely attempt to try puzzles that use only charts!

2/16/2013 9:09:46 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Welcome to the forum! smile I do like both methods but if I had to pick a favorite it would be the chart type logic puzzles. I feel like they're a little more difficult because I have to organize the information more compared to a grid style puzzle, and I like that added challenge.

2/17/2013 2:32:39 AM

I can do and have done both. I also enjoy the picture style, where you have a visual of a site or table and you try to figure the seating or situation of the objects displayed.

I'm like you though, dougie. I love me some grids.

2/17/2013 5:11:35 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
I also prefer grids, and often make my own grids on Excel (and fill in the top, which then automatically fills in the left hand side). When I can't get to a grid, I'll skip over the chart-only puzzles but then come back to them later and try, in very light pencil, to solve them anyway. When I manage to solve them without a grid, I feel very accomplished.

--
Amy

2/17/2013 6:24:41 PM

dougiezerts
dougiezerts
Good idea, I should try to creat my own grids with Exel!
Like I said, I rarely attempt to do puzzles without grids.

2/17/2013 9:47:42 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Dougie, if you want my Excel grids, send me a private message thru the forum, and I think I'll be able to send you a private message attaching my Excel workbook. If for some reason it doesn't work that way, you could then send me your e-mail address and I could e-mail you the Excel workbook. But I think it can be done thru private messages on this forum.

--
Amy

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » Grids, or Charts