Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Your Opinion » Number of posters

Give us your feedback about our new forum.
3/5/2013 8:57:33 PM

Daisy
Daisy
I'm new to forums. I see less than 1% of the members make most of the posts. Is this usual on forums? Or is it that people who like puzzles just don't have much to say about puzzles and solving?

3/5/2013 9:15:21 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Hi Daisy and welcome! smile On the few forums I've been a part of it doesn't seem that unusual for there to only be a small number of "regular" posters. As for this forum, there seem to be quite a few 1 time posters asking for help with a puzzle, and we never see them post again. My guess is that a good number of those posters (not all of them) are kids asking for help with a school assignment, hoping to just get the answers.

As for puzzlers not having much to say about puzzles, if you browse the different threads and posts you'll find a lot of topics on various types of puzzles, writing utensils and threads where solvers share solving techniques.

Hope you enjoy the forums and have fun.

By the way, what types of puzzles do you enjoy? My favorites are logic based puzzles. smile
edited by Purple Pisces on 3/5/2013

3/6/2013 11:49:16 AM

Daisy
Daisy
I guess the forum is the same as many things, with a minority being most active. But there sure is a lot of interesting stuff here, with 4720 posts! It's enjoyable reading.

Variety puzzles are my favorites, both Penny Press and Dell. I do the logic based problems also, but not the real hard ones. I like the variety magazines, with so many different kinds of puzzles to solve!

3/6/2013 5:21:01 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
As I remember from some of the variety puzzle books I used to get (before I noticed one could subscribe to logic puzzles), there would be 1 or 2 easy logic puzzles in each variety book -- whereas in the logic-only books, there are a few easy one, a few slightly-harder ones, several medium-difficulty ones, and then there are some 4-star and 5-star ones.

--
Amy

Home » Your Opinion » Number of posters