Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Collector's Series Corner » Fast!

Discuss your favorite Collector’s Series puzzle books and get solving help.
3/20/2013 4:05:07 PM

Frances
Frances
I sent for a Value Pack March 5 and it arrived today----2 weeks and a day later. I snail-mailed in my order, plus I live on the opposite coast! That's the fastest service I've ever gotten! smile

3/20/2013 5:37:47 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
That's great Frances! smile I ordered a value pack last week and hope mine comes as fast! The last time I ordered one it came about a week later.

3/23/2013 9:05:05 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Got my value pack today!! smile I ordered it just over a week ago, so it took about the same length of time as the last time I ordered one (a few years ago). It was a Logic Value pack (of course) and got 3 of the British Logic Problems so I'm a happy camper. I've seen Penny/Dell offer a deal where if you renew a subscription you get another one for free, so next time I renew my Math & Logic Subscription I might wait for that deal and get a British Logic with it.

3/23/2013 9:56:49 PM

Frances
Frances
Oh, the fun of a pack or box of new crisp puzzle books! It's like Christmas, isn't it Purple? Maybe I'll try an order online and compare the time factor. Do you ever like to do a page by page look-through in a new magazine, even if it's all the same type of puzzle? Part of my (pleasurable) initiation of it. smile

3/23/2013 11:08:39 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
I agree Frances, it is like Christmas! smile It was fun opening the box to see what titles were included. I do a quick look through at first after opening the box, and then when I settle down with a new book I'll look through it and see what puzzle catches my fancy.

3/24/2013 1:09:49 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces wrote:
Got my value pack today!! smile I ordered it just over a week ago, so it took about the same length of time as the last time I ordered one (a few years ago). It was a Logic Value pack (of course) and got 3 of the British Logic Problems so I'm a happy camper. I've seen Penny/Dell offer a deal where if you renew a subscription you get another one for free, so next time I renew my Math & Logic Subscription I might wait for that deal and get a British Logic with it.

I was wrong. The free subscription you get when subscribing or renewing yourself has to be a gift subscription. Sorry if I confused any one.

3/24/2013 11:00:37 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
You guys are making me see green! I can't order one without getting mostly doubles yet, I've got a few months to go. CC

3/25/2013 12:08:08 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
I was wondering about that CC! What's the recommended waiting time to avoid getting duplicates when ordering value packs?

3/25/2013 8:06:20 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
At least 6 months. I recommend a little longer, like 8 months. CC

3/25/2013 10:08:15 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Thanks CC! smile