Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Fill-In Area » What's the difference between these 2 puzzles??

Share your strategies and get solving help.
3/27/2013 11:00:17 AM

Ellen
Ellen
Could someone please explain the difference between the following puzzles: Fill Ins and Frame Works? I've noticed that the digests only have one Fill In puzzle on the last page of each issue, and the Frame Works is offered in a Penny Puzzle Book. Thanks for clearing this up for me, I appreciate your time!

3/27/2013 3:10:59 PM

locoll
locoll
In a Frame Works puzzle words criss cross in a couple of places. In a Fill-ins puzzle words criss cross more, like a crossword puzzle. Click the Product Map link at the top of the page to see a list of puzzles. Many of the puzzles will show you a sample puzzle that you can print and work.

3/29/2013 12:11:17 AM

Ellen
Ellen
Thanks so much! I will check out the Product Map link and get a sample puzzle to work.

3/29/2013 4:50:39 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
Hi Ellen,

Welcome to the forum. Both puzzles are fun to complete and as with all great puzzles, can be deceptively simple/difficult.

I find the challenging Frameworks puzzles to be tougher than the Fill-Ins. Due to the nature of the FW, there are only a few possible places where the words in FW answers can criss-cross and sometimes the possibilities are overwhelming in a puzzle. A lot of times I rely on the "first word across" clue hint. Fill-ins are blocked in more in my opinion and since I do alot of xwords, I find these a little easier to complete.

For an extra layer of toughness (and solving satisfaction) check out Codewords. They often come in both styles and of course are encoded, but are VERY satisfiying to solve.

Chris
edited by Chris Leber on 3/30/2013

3/29/2013 6:04:08 PM

Frances
Frances
Chris Leber wrote:
Hi Ellen,

Welcome to the forum. Both puzzles are fun to complete and as with all great puzzles, can be deceptively simple.

I find the challenging Frameworks puzzles to be tougher than the Fill-Ins. Due to the nature of the FW, there are only a few possible places where the words in FW answers can criss-cross and sometimes the possibilities are overwhelming in a puizzle. A lot of times I rely on the "first word across" clue hint. Fill-ins are bloked in more in my opinion and since I do alot of xwords, I find these a little easier to complete.

For an extra layer of toughness (and solving satisfaction) check out Codewords. They ofter come in both styles and of course ae encoded, but are VERY satisfiying to solve.

Chris

Chris: Typing pretty fast in this post? smile

3/30/2013 4:11:45 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
My first attempt on an iPad with a blue tooth keyboard. The space was pretty tiny. Good eye Frances!

Frances wrote:
Chris Leber wrote:
Hi Ellen,

Welcome to the forum. Both puzzles are fun to complete and as with all great puzzles, can be deceptively simple.

I find the challenging Frameworks puzzles to be tougher than the Fill-Ins. Due to the nature of the FW, there are only a few possible places where the words in FW answers can criss-cross and sometimes the possibilities are overwhelming in a puizzle. A lot of times I rely on the "first word across" clue hint. Fill-ins are bloked in more in my opinion and since I do alot of xwords, I find these a little easier to complete.

For an extra layer of toughness (and solving satisfaction) check out Codewords. They ofter come in both styles and of course ae encoded, but are VERY satisfiying to solve.

Chris

Chris: Typing pretty fast in this post? smile

3/30/2013 6:43:51 PM

Frances
Frances
Forgot one there: *satisfying

Home » Fill-In Area » What's the difference between these 2 puzzles??