Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Your Opinion » Very disappointed :(

Give us your feedback about our new forum.
5/29/2013 10:53:28 AM

Michelle129
Michelle129
I am a long time purchaser of Penny Press and Dell magazines. I generally purchase from my local bookstore as ordering online and shipping issues have always made me leery to purchase over the internet. However, I recently wanted to take advantage of one of your value packs as I have a long surgery recovery coming up in the summer and need to keep my mind busy with my favourite past-time - logic puzzles!

I placed the order for your 28 book value pack, received a confirmation email the same day, and the charges (almost $50 with shipping) appeared on my credit card within 2 days. I placed the order with enough time to be received prior to needing them (according to the FAQ 8-10 weeks to ship to Canada). However after re-reading the FAQ I noticed that that was for subscriptions and that value packs are shipped out the next business day. It had been over 4 weeks since ordering and I felt that there may have been a shipping issue as it shouldn't take 4 weeks to ship to Canada. I emailed customer service, and waited an entire week without anyone bothering to reply. I then phoned your customer service line to get clarification on the order. At that time (5 weeks after placing my order and having it appear on my credit card), that due to an issue with the shipping company, you were no longer able to ship value packs to Canada.

At no time did I receive an email, phone call, or reverse of charges from my credit card to inform me of this. After wasting 5 weeks waiting for the shipment when I could have been ordering or purchasing from another source had your company informed me, I will probably not have time now prior to needing the magazines. I have to wonder when and if you would have informed me at all? You were quick to place the charges on my card....not so quick with responding to my emails or informing me that the magazines would never arrive.

I am completely disappointed that I won't have the magazines....and even more disappointed that your company did not seem to care about at least my business upset

Michelle Thompson

5/29/2013 11:52:36 AM

Frances
Frances
Hi Michelle,
I have 11 back issues from 2009 and 2010 that I'd be happy to send you. They are: 6 Dell Logic Lover's Logic Problems, 4 Dell Logic Lover's Math & Logic Problems, and 1 Penny Original Logic Problems. If you'd like them, private message me your address and I'll put them in the mail tomorrow.
Frances.

5/29/2013 4:26:19 PM

Michelle129
Michelle129
Frances, I sent you a private message. I can't thank you enough for your thoughtfulness! It is rare these days to have people willing go out of their way for a complete stranger! Thank you again smile

Michelle

5/29/2013 4:29:44 PM

admin
admin
Administrator
Hi, Michelle,

You’re right, we really let you down. Our high customer service standards were not met and we apologize for all the distress this has caused you. We want to make things right and have reached out to you via email to correct this. We value you as a customer and are truly sorry for disappointing you. We hope in the future that we can make it up to you and win back your trust and loyalty.

Sincerely,
Admin

Michelle129 wrote:
I am a long time purchaser of Penny Press and Dell magazines. I generally purchase from my local bookstore as ordering online and shipping issues have always made me leery to purchase over the internet. However, I recently wanted to take advantage of one of your value packs as I have a long surgery recovery coming up in the summer and need to keep my mind busy with my favourite past-time - logic puzzles!

I placed the order for your 28 book value pack, received a confirmation email the same day, and the charges (almost $50 with shipping) appeared on my credit card within 2 days. I placed the order with enough time to be received prior to needing them (according to the FAQ 8-10 weeks to ship to Canada). However after re-reading the FAQ I noticed that that was for subscriptions and that value packs are shipped out the next business day. It had been over 4 weeks since ordering and I felt that there may have been a shipping issue as it shouldn't take 4 weeks to ship to Canada. I emailed customer service, and waited an entire week without anyone bothering to reply. I then phoned your customer service line to get clarification on the order. At that time (5 weeks after placing my order and having it appear on my credit card), that due to an issue with the shipping company, you were no longer able to ship value packs to Canada.

At no time did I receive an email, phone call, or reverse of charges from my credit card to inform me of this. After wasting 5 weeks waiting for the shipment when I could have been ordering or purchasing from another source had your company informed me, I will probably not have time now prior to needing the magazines. I have to wonder when and if you would have informed me at all? You were quick to place the charges on my card....not so quick with responding to my emails or informing me that the magazines would never arrive.

I am completely disappointed that I won't have the magazines....and even more disappointed that your company did not seem to care about at least my business upset

Michelle Thompson

5/29/2013 5:31:44 PM

Frances
Frances
Michelle, we have several nice folks here on the forum who have sent puzzles or magazines to others. Welcome to the forum!
Frances.

5/29/2013 5:51:07 PM

Michelle129
Michelle129
Admin, I have received the email and am really happy that you are able to resolve this. I have been a loyal customer for more than 20 years and this being my first attempt at internet purchasing I felt so disappointed in the outcome. I look forward to receiving the magazines and will continue to purchase upcoming copies - maybe just not over the internet lol. thank you again for your attention to the matter and quick resolution!

Michelle

5/29/2013 6:07:37 PM

Michelle129
Michelle129
Frances I have messaged you back, but just in case want to thank you again for your offer! I am quite pleased with the resolution from pennypress-dell and look forward to chatting with others on the forum and hopefully can offer to share some magazines as well - sans the ranting lol! Thanks for the welcome smile

Michelle

5/30/2013 12:08:51 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Welcome Michelle!! I love logic puzzles too!! Hope your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery! smile

5/31/2013 1:11:54 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Hi Michelle, I think all of us regulars have had problems with ordering magazines but I have found that they are really pretty good at their job. I have doubles of every Penny Press Variety puzzle books from 3 years back. If you would like me to send you a few PM me and I'll mail them off tomorrow. It's really not a problem for me I've done this for years for many of the Forum Folks! Just drop me a line and I'll get right on it. CC Amy, I haven't forgotten about you I've just been real busy. I will get yours off to you too! Sorry it's taken so long. CC
edited by creamchz3@aol.com on 5/31/2013

5/31/2013 9:34:09 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
No problem, CC. It would be a while before I'd be able to get to those puzzles, anyway. I usually work on the current logic magazine to which I subscribe, and I got that issue a couple of weeks ago, so I'm working on those puzzles now. I won't tackle other puzzles until I finish these. By the way, welcome to Michelle. I usually do logic puzzles, so I may not be able to answer the queries you'll be sending, but it's always nice to see additional people chiming in on the Penny/Dell forum.
edited by Amy-in-PA on 5/31/2013

--
Amy

6/7/2013 1:43:15 PM

Michelle129
Michelle129
Thanks for all the offers and well wishes and welcomes smile I haven't had a chance to get back on here this week....but wanted to make sure I posted that the pack of magazines arrived at my doorstep on Monday, as customer service promised smile I am extremely pleased, very excited to crack them open, and a little embarrassed now at my rant LOL. However...it all ended well and I am still hooked on logic puzzles! Just opening the box made me drool haha! I shall come out of recovery smarter LOL

Michelle

6/8/2013 1:36:35 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Michelle129 wrote:
Thanks for all the offers and well wishes and welcomes smile I haven't had a chance to get back on here this week....but wanted to make sure I posted that the pack of magazines arrived at my doorstep on Monday, as customer service promised smile I am extremely pleased, very excited to crack them open, and a little embarrassed now at my rant LOL. However...it all ended well and I am still hooked on logic puzzles! Just opening the box made me drool haha! I shall come out of recovery smarter LOL

Michelle
You shouldn't be embarrassed at all. As they said they really let you down. We have all ranted and raved about MANY things over the years but we also have all praised PP/Dell many times for the good service they have provided for us in the past. Enjoy your magazines I know how much fun it is to open a brand new box of them. I'm like a kid in a candy store! CC

6/9/2013 10:55:56 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Glad you got the magazines, Michelle. Glad you're hooked on logic puzzles. If you concentrate your mind on such things as "Hm, Mrs. Dorney can't be Mrs. Disney, so who is she?" you won't notice any aches and pains so much.

--
Amy

6/9/2013 10:46:03 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
The Dell free puzzle tonight is a Logic Puzzle. Thought you all would like to know. You all know how I feel about them but I'm always looking out for you guys! Does anybody know if there are any Word Games Puzzles in the Big Volume of Word Games? I won't order it until I'm sure they put some in there. Sometimes there is 2 or 3 other times 5 or 6 sometimes 0. Please someone let me know! CC

6/10/2013 7:14:10 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
CC: Dumb question: What buttons do you push for the free Dell puzzle? Of course, by the time I read your post the next morning, who knows if it's now a different puzzle already?

--
Amy

6/10/2013 8:39:06 AM

admin
admin
Administrator
That's great to hear, Michelle! Enjoy them and we hope your recovery goes quickly and easily. Happy solving!

Best,
Admin

Michelle129 wrote:

Michelle

6/10/2013 11:29:38 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Amy, you can get a months full of puzzles in the archives. Bernadette is correct. Go to free puzzles and hit the 30 day archive button, then hit the day you want the puzzle from, It's a nice feature because there are times when I go a few days without checking the puzzles and I can go back and look them up. Also, if you have a problem logging in for the free puzzles it wouldn't surprise me. It's a different code than the Forum. Just let them know and they will send you a new one immediately so you can log in then change your password to whatever you want. They do get back to you in minutes with a log-in for you so you don't have to wait. I've been locked out myself many times so I've had to do this plenty of times. CC
edited by creamchz3@aol.com on 6/10/2013

6/11/2013 6:15:56 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
I tried doing the "log in, forgot password, send me a new one" bit, but every possible "user name" I tried was unrecognized! I'll try again, but other than that I'll have to give up. I can log in to the forum, all right, but that other log-in thing, who knows?

Edit: OK, I went back and tried that, it still didn't work, but I went back to the screen where one choice was "register," and I registered yet another of my e-mail addresses, and THAT worked!
edited by Amy-in-PA on 6/11/2013

--
Amy

6/11/2013 10:42:21 AM

Frances
Frances
Apparently, Solver's Forum and Free Puzzles are operated separately, and you have to register on them separately. Having signed up for one doesn't automatically give you access to use the other. I wish they had made this clear on the sign-up pages-----I had trouble with this myself when I first went to look at a free puzzle.

6/11/2013 11:45:11 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Yes, that's what I meant, they are different log-ins. If you hit the forgot log in button they will send one to your e-mail address. Once your logged in you can change your password to anything you want. If you have a problem call them, they will walk you through it (during business hours of course). They have always been there for me when I've had a problem. Good luck! CC

Home » Your Opinion » Very disappointed :(