Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Fill-In Area » What Difference Does It Make?

Share your strategies and get solving help.
6/14/2013 10:10:43 PM

Frances
Frances
When all the squares have been filled in the Fill-In grid, is not the puzzle done? I would say yes. But, if a word in the word list hasn't been crossed off, because I either forgot to do it, or the word got automatically entered because of the crossing words and I didn't notice, I cannot leave it there, unmarked. I know it must be in the puzzle as all the squares are filled in. And yet, I just have to search for the word in the finished grid, so I can then cross it off the list. It seems a pointless task. (And I'm not doing this to see if a mistake has been made. I simply feel compelled to find the word.) Does anyone else do this?

6/15/2013 12:26:33 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
I do it too Frances!! smile I tend to be a bit OCD when it comes to solving puzzles! I want to know that I solved the whole puzzle and solved it correctly, so I will scan the puzzle to make sure that the word that has not been crossed off has indeed found its way into the puzzle.

That's one reason I love this forum! It's nice to know that we are not alone when it comes to our little puzzle quirks! smile
edited by Purple Pisces on 6/15/2013

6/15/2013 1:31:29 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
Frances, I would just call that being thorough and like we used to say in science and math class - "check your work." PLaces PLease seems to have this happen also, I always double check the "unchecked" entries on the word lists to make sure I got them. You're not alone!

Home » Fill-In Area » What Difference Does It Make?