Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » Cross Sums question

Logic Problem fans, discuss solutions and get solving help.
4/7/2016 1:51:26 AM

JohnJSal
JohnJSal
Yeah, I guess I just prefer word puzzles instead of number puzzles, because I've already got all the vocabulary and word/sentence structure knowledge in my head. The Cross Sums (which I think is a much better name than Kakuro!) require something totally different.

4/20/2016 3:02:20 PM

wa4lrm
wa4lrm
I have use the software Best Kakuro for Cross Sums which I can insert numbers or use option of possible numbers and then cross it out by each number of the time. This is the best way to do without messy numbers on puzzle. The large Cross Sums like 14X22 can be use in horizontal rather than vertical. However you would insert from right to left to solve this one. Sorry, not design for Cross Sums Variations

10/2/2017 6:08:16 PM

wa4lrm
wa4lrm
If I try to do Cross Sums Variable, I found many of them are guess work. I say the Cross Sums Variable are super challenger. Couple of person I know have found Cross Sums variable are so tough that they don't even do them. I would say they should drop the Cross Sums Variable and replace this with Cross Products.

10/12/2017 3:30:45 PM

Josh
Josh
wa4lrm wrote:
If I try to do Cross Sums Variable, I found many of them are guess work. I say the Cross Sums Variable are super challenger. Couple of person I know have found Cross Sums variable are so tough that they don't even do them. I would say they should drop the Cross Sums Variable and replace this with Cross Products.

Not to make this look like one of those classic letters pages, but I would hate to see them go! Variations can seem harder (I think half of it is forcing yourself to figure out the extra rule, which takes time/mental effort) but I find them quite satisfying to solve once I catch on. Cross Products I find vastly easier (the rules are more defined and predictable since they never change) and so I solve them about as quickly as a medium-level Cross Sums nowadays. I don't think it's unfair for Dell to include them in the challenger section of a magazine like Math & Logic Problems like they do challenger Figure Logics and so on. Those pages give my brain a solid workout every time a new issue comes along.

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » Cross Sums question