Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Crossword Talk » Crosswords crosswords

Discuss your favorite Crosswords. If you need solving help, ask here!
9/28/2013 10:47:58 AM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
I filled out a subscription card for Crosswords Crosswords I found in one of the puzzle magazines I was working in (I don't remember which one, it could have been an older issue). I looked on PennyDell.com and did not see this publication. Will I receive Sunday Crosswords instead? I haven't heard anything and its been a couple of weeks. I also posted this on Facebook. Thanks!

9/29/2013 1:55:22 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
Yeah, in my subconscious I think I knew that. The subscription card must have come out of an older issue. Hopefully they will enroll me for Sunday Crosswords.

I was jazzed to find a new book with the full size format. I occasionally buy a similar product from Kappa and enjoy the full size magazine format. It's a little easier than on some of the bigger puzzles in Sunday Crosswords in which the clues are on the page opposite the grid. Or I should say the majority of the clues.
edited by Chris_INPUZZLER on 9/29/2013

9/30/2013 5:38:06 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
I got a reply via my facebook post. Sunday crosswords it is! Let the crosswording begin (in about 6 weeks, at least). I do have the Oct. 2013 edition that I bought at the store to get my ink stained fingers on the puzzles from the American Crossword Tournament. And now its time for my wife's delicious salmon cakes, a family favorite.

Chris

9/30/2013 7:48:18 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
Bernadette1959 wrote:
That's great, Chris! I'm glad to hear you heard back from someone!

Oh, I love salmon cakes, too! We actually call them salmon "croquettes" around here, but I believe they're probably the same thing!

Bon Appetit! smile

Exactly - croquettes! They are delicious. My wife adopted her grandmothers recipe from memory and taste. Lucky for us she has the patience to remove all the bones. Her grandmother didn't and my wife said you'd get a mouthful of bones!

10/7/2013 4:45:49 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
Is this what they call serendipity? We seem to have many of the same puzzling interests, LOL. Do we work in most of the same magazines - Favorite Fill-Ins, Approved Variety, Sunday Crosswords? - I think so. I haven't received that issue yet - I am still just getting started on Oct.'s issue. I'll keep a look out for it. As we say at the office - "Thanks for the heads up!"
edited by Chris_INPUZZLER on 10/7/2013
edited by Chris_INPUZZLER on 10/7/2013

10/7/2013 10:40:59 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Bernadette, I love jokes. Even though I don't do many crosswords, I'd be interested to see the joke from you later on, and then maybe you can even say what the clues were, that had to do with the joke.

--
Amy

Home » Crossword Talk » Crosswords crosswords