Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » Logic Lovers december 2013: Your Basic Jungle Tale

Logic Problem fans, discuss solutions and get solving help.
10/24/2013 5:27:00 PM

Clayshooter12@gmail.com
Clayshooter12@gmail.com
Hi everyone. I have to complete Your Basic Jungle Tale for my Geometry Class. I was wondering if anyone could help me as its due tomorrow. Thanks!

10/24/2013 5:39:49 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
One way you could start tackling it, is when you see that the antelope's work was chosen by either Eunice or Nell (clue 7) but the masterpiece painted with a nose by selected by either Al or Joe (clue 6), you know that the "nose" has nothing to do with the "antelope." Clue 4 says the hyena painted with a twig or a vine -- this isn't a nose, either. So that rules out something else about a nose. Pretty soon the process of elimination might set in, especially when you look at some of the other clues.

--
Amy

10/24/2013 6:38:46 PM

Clayshooter12@gmail.com
Clayshooter12@gmail.com
Thank you Amy. I will try to figure out the rest.

10/24/2013 9:49:54 PM

Clayshooter12@gmail.com
Clayshooter12@gmail.com
I've been working on it since our last message and I can't figure it out? Do you have any other suggestions..?

10/25/2013 7:24:20 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Did you start filing in the grid, so you narrowed things down to 2 choices? Then if you have a light pencil and some "what-if" choices light, maybe with a circle around them, and see if they lead to something impossible, that means the other choice is all that's left. Possibly your first guess might be right, if nothing leads to an impossibility.

--
Amy

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » Logic Lovers december 2013: Your Basic Jungle Tale