Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » A New Hue, Dell April 2014 logic puzzle book

Logic Problem fans, discuss solutions and get solving help.
|
1/28/2014 5:49:53 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
I found the above puzzle to be a lot of fun to do. I can't draw for beans, and I'm not much good with colors, but I got the "shapes" function in Excel, to draw the stars, triangles, etc., for me, and I used whatever colors I could from Excel to fill in the shapes as I went along. That made it a little easier for me to solve the puzzle, than trying to draw stuff myself in the small space on the page in the book.

I didn't look in the back of the book for hints once, and I got it ALMOST right, all by myself. (I did goof on two stars, and had them in the reverse places of where they should have been, because I had started placing things tentatively here, then there, and when I switched something-or-other, I forgot I might have to switch something else, too, because of one of the clues specifying no-no's.)

But in general, I thought this was a very interesting puzzle. (I can't figure out how anyone could buy, say, pink eye-shadow in the real world, but it was still a lot of fun to do this puzzle.)

I usually like Vera Moss's puzzles, and this one certainly did not disappoint.

--
Amy

|

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » A New Hue, Dell April 2014 logic puzzle book