Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Variety Central » Find the Sentence (Dell version of What's Left)

See what other Variety puzzle fans have to say, share your solutions, and get help.
7/6/2014 10:24:37 PM

Frances
Frances
Checking my stack of 25 past issues of Dell variety magazines, I found 5 had "Find the Sentence". I liked having both column and row clues----added a little extra something.

Another thing I liked was that on the answer page, Dell includes which words were eliminated by each clue. Penny Press just gives the answer message of "What's Left?", and thus we've had a couple of queries on the forum asking which clue(s) caused a word or words to be crossed off in a "What's Left?" puzzle.

I think I'll send a note to Penny Press about considering changing the answer to be like Dell's.

7/8/2014 5:06:51 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
I'm a big fan of the What's Left puzzles and I've been enjoying Find The Sentence for years. I do agree with you on the answers to these puzzles. I don't know how many times I've asked the forum how so and so word is crossed off in What's Left puzzles because they don't tell you on the answer page. It's frustrating to me. CC

7/8/2014 10:23:29 PM

Semipro
Semipro
Bernadette1959 wrote:
It doesn't seem to me that giving a more detailed explanation of the answer for "What's Left" should be that big of an issue. Surely it wouldn't take the constructor too long to write it out and submit it along with the puzzle?
Maybe the issue isn't time, but space. The explanation would make the solutions section longer. I'm just guessing, though.

Hey, the admins must have made some changes in the forum. "Reply with quote" works for me on Firefox now, after a long period when it didn't.

Home » Variety Central » Find the Sentence (Dell version of What's Left)